“… After 30 years of raising quality human capital (over 10,000 people trained and counting), The Latter Rain Assembly pastored by Tunde Bakare, maximized discontinuity by rebranding as The Citadel Global Community Church- CGCC.
It is no coincidence that initial facility of the church stands on a renovated factory building, previously owned by one among the many manufacturers who had to close shop in late 80’s as a result of the hostile operating environment of that period.
Bakare can relate with this time, having closed his legal chambers and businesses to dedicate his life to the service of God and all the families of the earth as a true descendant of Abraham.
The CGCC formerly known as The Latter Rain Assembly developed its acquired property into a relatively modern facility that housed the following facilities;
– A main auditorium, offices,
– Health Clinic,
– Sunday School and
– Event Halls.
After 30 years in the same facility with a membership in their thousands, the church took an inspired decision to create a Platform for the youthful and rapidly growing membership to put to practice the core purpose of the Ministry- in you, all the families of the earth shall be blessed.
The Citadel as described by Pastor Bakare is a Vertical City with horizontal proportions, a new phenomenon in church architecture with the following distinct but synchronous ecologies;
– A state of the art 5,200-seater auditorium, a much bigger capacity than current location of the CGCC.
– 24-hour prayer centre & telephone counselling ministry as well as family life centre open to all for pre & post marital counselling.
– Health care open to members and the public for free
– 40 class rooms for the use of the creche, nursery and primary schools
– Ample facilities for the school of government; business & leadership academy; school of parenting; finishing school; skills acquisition centre, free public e-library and bookshop open to members of the public who register
– Event centres serviced by an industrial kitchen and restaurant, commercial outlets for retail, offices and banks, media studio with advanced editing suites and sound stages
3-level 600+ Car park,
– Waste Management and Clean Energy Amenities
To ensure the sustainability of The Citadel, the governance architecture is like the river that parts into four major heads;
1) The Church: CGCC,
2) The corporation: the commercial arm for wealth creation,
3) The schools: the human capital development arm &,
4) The foundation: for corporate social responsibility- social intervention.
The Citadel offers an ecosystem that seeks to empower everyday people to attain their full potentials by facilitating the integration of work, play and learning. It seeks to empower the next generation of leaders who will go into the mountains of culture to solve problems in politics, economy, media and entertainment, education, religion and social development.
It is the only Branch of the CGCC, a Ministry which has overtime supported its members to set-up other ministries across the world with no franchising agreement to remit tithes and offerings but rather as sons who have matured to the point of marriage and need space to lead their families but who can visit home anytime for fellowship, supports and encouragements.
It is for this vision of an innovative and viable platform for societal transformation that Pastor Bakare along with community leaders and members have committed themselves to work, seeking by magnificent but righteous exertions in the marketplace and at personal inconvenience to finance its development… ”
Credit: Fauno Nadah